Tecate Group is happy to announce the expansion of our PC series of ultracapacitor products. The new Tecate PowerBurst® PC6 ultracapacitor. This new cell utilizes the same high reliability, hermetically sealed stainless steel package as our popular PC5 cells. Additionally, the PC6 offers 6F of capacitance, a 50% increase, and boasts a DC ESR of 300 mOhms, a 40% decrease, while maintaining the same mechanical dimensions as the PC5.
These new cells are ideal for space constrained, short term power back-up applications.
- Battery hot swap
- Medical instrumentation
PC Series data sheet
Tecate announces the release of the PBD PowerBurst Ultracapacitor Modules
, offered as a drop-in replacement for Maxwell Technologies' discontinued BC BPAK0052/0058, and BC BMOD0052/0058 ultracapacitor series. Tecate's newest multi-cell modules were developed together with Maxwell, and notably employ their radial 350F, 2.7V ultracapacitor cells to facilitate a 58 F module with a very low ESR of 22.4 mohms
and 16.2V working voltage.
- Replacement for Maxwell BPAK0058 and BMOD0058 series.
- Maxwell BOOSTCAP® cells with active balancing.
- 16.2V working voltage.
- Available as rugged, fully enclosed module or lighter pack version for tight spaces.
- Screw terminals.
- Module-to-module cable included.
Purchase Tecate PowerBurst® PBDs in our online store!
Tecate's PowerBurst® Type PC5 ultracapacitor is engineered to provide extended power availability during dips, sags, and outages in the main power sources as well as to relieve batteries of burst power functions. Due to this unique construction, it boasts an extremely low profile (5.1 mm max.) making it an excellent choice for space constrained applications.
Purchase Tecate PowerBurst® PC5's in our online store!
Tecate Group ultracapacitors and ultracapacitor assemblies offer a broad line of off the shelf and custom solutions for the most demanding back-up power applications. From design to production, Tecate offers industry leading service and expertise to quickly turn ideas into products.
Read more about automatic meter reading applications for ultracapacitors here and in our AMR brochure.
- Battery-free “Last Gasp” power
- Supplement to batteries for low temperature boost
- Battery runtime extension
- High current pulse requirements
- Peak power for data transmission
Tecate Group introduces new series of modules utilizing Maxwell BoostCap® ultracapacitors.
The new PBM series ultracapacitor modules expand on Tecate's patented interlocking endcap design, to offer a variety of cell configurations using either the 650 or 3000F Maxwell Boostcap® cells, with voltages up to 64.8V. These modules can be used in applications requiring short term primary power, or back-up power in conjunction with batteries, or other primary energy sources like solar or fuel cells.
Click here to see the full list of configurations available and purchase them online!
PBM Accessories: Optional battery posts, interconnect/power cables, buss bars, joint plates and side panels are available for further module system integration
As the applications for ultracapacitors grow, the Military market segment has demonstrated an increasing need for custom ultracapacitor modules, to address a variety of power challenges. Custom PowerBurst ultracapacitor solutions from Tecate Group fills this need. Read more...
- Backup power
- GPS systems
- Unmanned Vehicles
- Cold engine start
- Peak power
- Bridge power
- Magnetic drivers
|Read more about military/aerospace applications for ultracapacitors here and in our Military/Aerospace brochure.
Tecate Group now offers ultracapacitor cells and modules that have been recognized to the newly developed UL810A standard. This includes 4 series of products from the PowerBurst® Family of ultracapacitors. This recognition provides peace of mind for designers looking for a safe and reliable product when evaluating short-term power back-up options.
- UL 810A: This ultracapacitor specific standard requires product to survive a rigorous battery of tests to ensure the safety of the component in extreme operating conditions.
- 2.7V cells: Tecate now offers the broadest range of UL recognized ultracapacitor cells in the industry. The radial leaded TPL series offers choices from 0.5F up to 100F capacitance values. The TPLS PowerBurst® series is available from 100 to 400F.
- 5.4V modules: Tecate has also received this UL810A recognition for the PBL and PBLL series of 5.4V modules. These modules are rated at 5.4V and have capacitance values up to 15F. The PBL series is a passively balanced two cell module that has radial leads, while the PBLL series offers designers additional flexibility through the use of flexible leads (50 mm standard customs available) and a JST compatible connector. This allows the module to be located at various locations on the PCBA depending on where there is available real estate.
- The Rest of the Family: The PB and PBF series, which are also part of the PowerBurst® product line-up, utilize the Maxwell PC5 and PC10 ultracapacitor cells. These cells are UL recognized as well. The PB series offers solutions up to 25V and the PBF series provides an ultra low profile solution where the challenge of high capacitance and tight spaces collide.
- Custom assemblies: Let Tecate Group help you find an ultracapacitor solution that fits your needs. Use our Ultracapacitor Design tools to get you started. Whether it is an AMR, SSD, remote sensing, battery hot swap or any other application requiring short term power back-up, our engineers are ready to develop an assembly to fit your needs.
Tecate Group continues to expand its offering of unique form factor PowerBurst® ultracapacitor solutions with the new PBF series. These ultra low profile devices will allow space constrained users to enjoy unprecedented capacitance values at multiple voltages.
- Ultra low profile: Using 4 and 10 F prismatic ultracapacitors as building blocks, the PBF series can achieve a maximum width of 5.7 mm.
- Tight spaces: Applications that can take advantage of the size and performance of the PBF modules include AMRs, Solid State Drives (SSD) and a host of other handheld devices requiring soft shutdown or short term back-up power.
- Other PowerBurst® Modules: Tecate offers a wide array of modules to fit your needs.
- On-line store: Quickly order PowerBurst®, CAP-XX or Maxwell ultracapacitors at our web site.
To download complete PBF data sheet click here.
Tecate Group introduces a new capabilities brochure that highlights the manufacturing services and expanded capacitor products that are available.
To download complete e-Brochure click here.
Tecate Group is proud to announce that we have finalized an agreement with our new partner, CAP-XX, located in Sydney Australia, to distribute their line of low profile, ultra low ESR supercapacitors. This product allows Tecate to further increase its reach into additional ultracapacitor applications where space and ESR are the critical design parameters. The new CAP-XX /Tecate relationship leverages the leading edge technology of the CAP-XX products, and the well established fulfillment logistics and on-line store of Tecate Group., This will increase the exposure of the CAP-XX product capabilities to more design engineers around the world.
Tecate will stock the most popular values of the CAP-XX offering, which will allow much faster Proof of Concept realization. The CAP-XX product is available at the Tecate Group on-line store.